SEESHA’s healthcare facilities aim to bridge the gap between quality and affordability of healthcare services.
SEESHA Karunya Community Hospital
Located in Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore, the SEESHA-Karunya Rural Community Hospital is a 45-bedded, 24-hour multi-specialty hospital providing quality healthcare at affordably-low costs. It primarily serves the rural and tribal communities in the region.
The hospital is affiliated with and recognised by international organisations including World Health Organisation (WHO) and Lancet Commission on Global Surgery. The hospital also works with the University of Leeds (United Kingdom), Maastricht University (Holland) and Karunya University (India) in developing solutions to meet the needs of the healthcare community all over the world.
The salient features of the hospital include:
- It has state-of-the-art operating rooms with facilities for laparoscopic, endoscopic and other advanced surgeries
- Most of the diagnostic facilities are available at subsidized costs here, especially for master health check up
- High-class dental services are available at the well-equipped dental department
- The hospital is a pioneer in many low cost innovative treatments that is well appreciated and used all over the world, including gasless laparoscopy
- The Pain Relief Centre offers high quality physiotherapy and modern pain relief therapy using lasers and nerve blocks
- SEESHA Medical Centre is an extension of the SEESHA Community Hospital located in Coimbatore city
Innovative Research in Healthcare
SEESHA is constantly striving to improve the infrastructure, quality of medical care, and medical equipment of the hospital to improve the standard and quality of the medical care provided to the rural people. To this effect, several research projects are undertaken along with Karunya University and Staan Biomedical engineering Pvt. Ltd. Some of the research innovations include:
- Low-Cost Topical Vacuum Therapy Unit
- Low-Cost Monitors
- Vaporization Of Prostate With Normal Saline
- Gasless Laparoscopic Surgeries
- New Surgical Techniques
- Hospital Management Software
Awards & Recognitions
The SEESHA Hospital has won the following recognitions for its services in medical care and innovations in medical research:
- Recipient of the DST Lockheed Martin Award
- Gasless laparoscopy was chosen as one of the top three innovations in the world by GE Healthcare and Camtech for MIT University, USA
- Recognised as a Centre for Excellence in Innovations for Rural Surgery by Lancet Commission on Global Surgery for surgical services in rural regions